JOIN THE EDUCATION REVOLUTION
BE PART OF THE POSITIVE CHANGE ON THE PLANET
NEXT LONDON COURSE
9 August 2017 – 13 August 2017
9am – 6pm
25 Bickerton Road, London, N19 5JT (left side entrance, through the gate)
- By Tube: Archway & Tufnell Park Stations on the Northern Line
- Overground: Upper Holloway Station
- Buses: 134, 390, 4, C11
- Parking: Pay and Display. Parking is free in nearby Chester Road and in the vicinity after 12.00 noon and on weekends.
Starchild Yoga™ is an education for peace, inspired by Kundalini yoga and the Montessori philosophy, and is certified by UK KYTA offering 12 CEU points. This course is recognised by Yoga-Link Insurance who acknowledges all of our certified teachers.
The vision for Starchild Yoga™ is to bring peace, love and awareness to each child who attends a class, and each adult who offers one.
This is a 50-hour course, to certify adults to teach yoga to children from ages 2 – 18. The strength of this course lies in its educational path. Students, who embark on this adventure, find themselves on an intriguing journey of self-discovery. This journey happens through the practice of yoga and meditation explored throughout the course. While learning about yoga for children, you will also take part in the practice of all aspects of a yoga class, over the course of the training. This brings you to a place of self-knowledge, where you are looking within, in order to reach out and make a difference. The thread throughout the course is to learn how to deliver a yoga class that is functional and elevating, while connecting with the spirit of the child as well.
“Within the child is the person he or she will become.” Maria Montessori
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is ideal for parents, yoga students and teachers who have a genuine love for children and a background in yoga or education. A minimum yoga practice of two years is preferable.
WHERE IS Starchild Yoga™ BASED?
Starchild Yoga™ is based in the UK, with Siri Arti going between the UK and South Africa. It is an education for peace and the course will go where it is invited, so if there is a demand for this kind of certification in your country, make contact and we will work toward growing our community. To date, there are Starchild Yoga™ certified teachers in the UK, Portugal, Greece and Israel and we are currently working on sharing the teachings in South Africa, Norway and Belgium this year too.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE INCLUDE?
- Regular Kundalini yoga and meditation sessions for both children and adults
- Presentation classes led by students and assessed by trainer
- Lectures plus interactive group work
- Creative brainstorming
- Posture practice
- Starchild Yoga™ ethos
- Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan
- The Role of the Teacher
- Starchild Yoga™ and the Montessori concepts
- How to plan and manage a class
- Age appropriate Yoga Postures for children
- Meditation, Pranayama and Relaxation
- Building your business
You will receive a certificate of competence from Starchild Yoga on completion of the following requirements:
- Full attendance
- Full payment of course fees
- Satisfactory performance in practical sessions
- Exam attendance
Each applicant will receive the following:
- Starchild Yoga™ course manual
- Starchild Yoga™ music and mantra CD
- Teaching tool DVD of classes taught by Siri Arti
WHAT TO BRING
- Yoga mat and a meditation cushion
- Wear loose clothing for sitting and practicing yoga
- A blanket or shawl for relaxation and cosines
- Pens and a notebook
- Water bottle
- Your imagination and open mind
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE PLEASE FILL IN THIS FORM.
ONCE YOUR PLACE IS CONFIRMED, PLEASE MAKE PAYMENTS HERE:
Account Name: Starchild Yoga Teacher Training
Bank: Barclays Bank
Sort code: 20-78-58 Acc No: 03649997
Please use your name as a reference and notify me of the payment.
OR using PayPal/Debit/Credit Card: UK only